Embedded Developer - Intermediate
Accelerated Systems continues to be one of the most innovative companies in North America. We are a rapidly growing company and with many opportunities for Advancement.
We work in the leading-edge Clean-Technology field and our many clients include Fortune 500 companies from around the world. We are an energetic company with a community atmosphere and a casual dress code.
We are currently looking for an Embedded Software Developer to join our team in Waterloo, ON. In this position, the incumbent works as part of a team involved in the development of embedded software for Electric Vehicles. The chosen candidate will be required to work on new and innovative products in the field of E-Bikes, Electric Utility Vehicles and Electrificaton of Outdoor Power Equipment.
- Real-time design and development for embedded software programming
- ARM based, dual-core MCU (M0+, M4)
- Software development for test and verification.
- Analysis and performance optimization for communication software.
- Embedded software architectural design, documentation, GitHUB revision control is a must.
- Development of s/w applications for test and verification
- Work with other engineering disciplines to develop techniques to identify problems to root cause and resolve quickly.
- Breakdown assignments into tasks, estimate the time for each task and keep them within the resulting schedule.
Important Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the development of embedded real-time software
- In depth knowledge of: all popular peripherals such as UART, SPI, I2C, CAN, etc from multiple vendors
- Proven experience with Programming Languages/Operating Systems: C, C++, LINUX
- Must be familiar with FreeRTOS OS and all tasks, semaphores, 'Q's related features
- Ability to work very well in a team environment and independently
- Must be able to show documented code using following: SPI, UART, I2C, displays
- Knowledge of cameras, image processing would be a definite asset
- Experience with the use of JTAG debuggers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and spectrum analyzers are also an asset
- Ability to describe successfully completed embedded implementations
- Demonstrated coding skills
- Good documentation, communication, organizational skills
- Programming: 5 years (Required)
- Embedded software: 5 years (Required)
This is a position that requires someone with both enthusiasm, practical skills and ability to learn.
Education is not as relevant as any candidates being 100% task oriented, delivering results and production ready software packages.
Job Type: Full-time